Sunday, June 21, 2009

Memories!!!

For some reason, I can't sleep tonight! Don't feel tired at all. So I look through all the pictures on my facebook! So much memories, especially in Drake! I miss you guys a lot a lot a lot!

Looking through these pictures make me think back the first time I met all my Drake buddies and the time that we spent together! Hahaha... Some are happy and some are sad. But overall, I still very glad that I choose to go Drake, so I can meet you guys! And the intense competition in Drake also drive me more hardworking.

Let me summarize things that I have done with my Drake buddies. I may left out some, so please forgive me if I didn't mention things about you! Because there are too many of them! hehehe...

Two years ago, around 17 ICSJ transfer students fly over to Des Moines, Iowa. That time we already knew each other because we transferred from the same college with same major - Actuarial Science! LOL!

If I am not mistaken, the very first event was Shin Shin's (Khai Shin) and Jun Jun's (Jun Hong) birthday! That time I still not very close to Khai Shin and gang because it was still the beginning of first semester. But I pretty sure that we spent some good time together at the surprise party! I still remember that Shin Shin cried on the spot! haha... Well, maybe this was the first surprise party at Drake, so she being touched! But after that, most birthday person also get used to surprise style party! haha... Here is the group picture that we took that night!



Oh ya, actually the birthday party was not the first time I met Shin Shin's gang, the first time was the Actuarial BBQ! hehehe... I seriously old already, can't remember stuffs well! hehe...

Next, let's talk about my roommates for 1st and 2nd semesters! My very first roommates in my life are David Kong, Julian Tan and Kenneth Lai. The first time I met Kenneth was on the flight from Malaysia to United States. So basically, I no know him but he became my roommate! hehe... Well, even though we were roommates, the time we hang out together become less and less with time because David hang out with Wan Ye's gang most of the time and I hang out with Tony, Alvin and other HELP gang. Sometime Julian and Kenneth will join us but occasionally!

I still remember the first time I met the HELP gang. My first impression on everyone was:

Tony - Funny accent
Alvin - Talkative
Win Shi - Weird but very friendly! And she likes black a lot! haha...
Su Fang - Pretty and friendly too!
Li Yin - Nothing special! haha.. jkjk... She has a funny last name - Nyu
Chia Wen - Very Lansi la, but after know her well, she is crazy! As crazy as me! haha...

I was not very close with them until Thanksgiving Break! After that, we always hang out together. hehe... But time flew, a lot of them moved off campus and a lot of dramas happened. So the gang is getting smaller and smaller. At the end only left Tony, Alvin and Li Yin stayed on campus and Tony and Alvin are my roommates for 3rd and 4th semesters! We had the other roommate - Thanesh during 3rd semester too, but he graduated after 3rd semester so I had the whole room for my very last semester! YAY! hehe... Thanesh, don't misunderstand, I am very happy to stay with you! hehe...

Well, just now I mentioned the group is getting smaller and smaller, actually one of my hope is to get everyone to have dinner together before I graduated. Just like last time, before all the dramas happened. But I did not mention about it because I think it is quite impossible. Well, it is over now. I just hope we can have lunch or dinner together some time in the future! Just like a family. Okay? hehe...

The next person I am going to talk about is my Monkey Sister - Esther Lee Lin Tze la! (I called her Monkey Sister because she always call people monkey) This girl automatically becomes my sister because she has the same last name with me! hehehehe... I think we started to become very close since the second last semester in ICSJ, I am not very sure! haha... It is not important. This girl ah, very funny and silly one la, very nice to talk to too! hehe... But according to her, she is very fierce la although I never see before! hehe... Esther Lee, I miss those time chit chat with you in your room until 2 or 3 am! You are a very good listener and speaker! haha... I still remember one time before Management 120 final we also chit chat until 3 or 4 in the morning. I ended up spend one hour to review the whole thing! haha... Nice experience! Now nobody to "keng sam shi" with me o, how? Don't go back Malaysia so fast ma, haiz... Anyway, wish you all the best in Malaysia la. If I cannot get a job here, see you in Malaysia in 3 months la! hehe...


Esther Lee

Next, is my Ah Ma Ching la! I also no know why I will call you Ah Ma(mother) already, haha... But sometime you seriously act like my mother o! Especially when I was preparing for FM! You seriously scolded me when I was way behind all the people! I think without your "supervision" I won't passed my FM on my first try! Thanks! We seldom hang out together after you move off campus and got Wei Hong o... hehe... But still you are always my Ah Ma Ching! hehe...


Hooi Ching

In my fourth semester, I suddenly become very close with '2800 girls' o! It's not that I am close with 2800 girls, I called them 2800 because their address is 2800. haha... 2800 girls include Wan Ye, Khai Shin, Caroline, Rachel and later Shie Meng moved in. 2800 is my free home cook dinner supply. They can cook very well o! Thanks a lot for the foods and everything! I miss you guys a lot! Also, thanks for inviting me to the CNY party although I am not like part of the house. Thanks a lot!!!! Something to tell you:

Wan Ye - Don't bully David ah, later his head becomes bigger and bigger! hehehe... Must invite me to your wedding dinner if you guys get married lo! hehehe.... And, you are the kind of person that I can trust! Thank you! hehe...

Caroline - It's very nice to talk to you and thanks for the printer paper! I also no know why you no wanna take the money. I did not treat you anything also lo! Anyway, thanks! Same with Wan Yea, you are the person that I can trust! Thanks... You can find a better one lo! hehe... ;)

Rachel - Don't let Cheow bully lo! haha... Actually I wanna ask you something, what is the name of the dish that looks like "orange chicken + curry chicken" ar? haha... It look a bit weird but it was good, honestly! hehe...

Khai Shin - Don't bully my Drake Leng Zai Club Vice President ah!(now he is president already) haha... I can tell he really likes you la! hehe...

Shie Meng - Drink more milk, then you will grow taller! hehe... jkjk... Your height is totally fine for a girl, seriously! hehe...

To all of you, all the best in the future!


2800 Girls. From the left: Caroline, Rachel, Wan Ye, Khai Shin and Shie Meng

Then is Leong Ghee's turn lo! LG, you are a great senior and very lame too! I think you are the only one can beat me in term of lameness and coldness! hehe... It is fun to hang out with you! And, congrats for getting the Visa o! You deserve it! hehe... All the best ah. Let meet up sometime whenever have chance! You still owe me one meal lo! haha... jkjk....


With LG two or three days before my commencement

Last but not least, my two best roommates - Tony and Alvin.


From the left: Alvin and Tony

Tony, I miss your XBOX 360 and 22" monitor a lot la! I cannot copy homework efficiently without the monitor ah! hahaha.... And Alvin, don't give up so fast! Take those exams again and you will pass it. But of course you need to study la! Spend more time on it, you can do it!
Guys, I really miss the time we spent together. I still remember every 11pm must check chronoshark for good watches deals, every Thursday must check new released mangas - Naruto, Bleach and One Piece! haha... It is so coincident that three of us like the same thing! haha... Seriously time flew, I feel like it was just yesterday that we were still in GK 307! I regret that I did not take more pictures of our room.

Anyway, Tony, nice drawing of three of us! haha... I am gonna post it here!


Thanks for being my roommates. You two are the person that I can trust completely!

Those people that I left out, sorry lo. I think I better stop here before this post is getting too long. I still remember you guys! I have good memory ma,hehe... I will remember how well you guys treated me and how bad you guys treated me too! hehe.. ;)

Finally I am getting a little bit tired, it is already 6.00am Eastern Time,haha... Anyway, good night and good morning la!

To all my Drake friends, I miss you guys!

6 comments:

  1. did i owe u one meal?
    i tot i treat u McD already.. :P
    haha.. will treat u when i see u again :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha.... That one doesn't count la! hehe... Jk la. It's alright! I was jk! hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I very "gam dong" now... Tak sangka my brother miss me so much.. You take care wei, faster find a job and then come back find me... we "keng sam shi" again...

    ReplyDelete
  4. aiyo, y tak sangka? u r my good sister ma.. hehe... wish me good luck la! If i get a job i can belanja u eat ah! hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... Such a long post... But I read it twice... Once using Carol's pc and I read it again using my own one... Didn't know that you trust me so much, haha.. Thanks very much!! I miss you guys a lot too... So boring now without all of you.. Anyway, wish you all the best in your job hunting! And don't forget to share secrets with me since you trust me so much :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha... wan yea y read it twice wor? so nice to read my blog? hehe.. got cry when u read this anot? hehe.. jkjk...

    Thanks. I will share with u when i have new secrets la. hee... dont worry, next semester u will have new juniors, maybe they are as crazy as me, then ur life would be interesting again liao lo! hehehe... take care ah...

    ReplyDelete